Almost 200 angry residents have signed a petition ahead of controversial plans to reduce bus services.
Last autumn, Lancashire County Council revealed a number of services throughout the Chorley area may have their subsidies withdrawn as part of a county-wide cost-cutting move.
Services running in the evenings and weekends would be affected.
The public consultation period for the proposed cuts officially closed on January 17.
However, last Wednesday, County Coun Kim Snape arranged a public meeting attended by LCC highways chief John Fillis to discuss the cuts.
More than 60 residents attended the meeting raising their concerns, particularly about the No.2 service connecting Chorley to Blackburn.
Coun Snape said: “The meeting went absolutely great – it couldn’t have gone any better.
“We had around 60 residents attending and they all made valid points.
“We could have had even more but the room unfortunately was at full capacity.”
Coun Snape said Coun Fillis accepted there was no other means of transport for the people in Brinscall, Heapey, Wheelton and Abbey Village.
And she hopes LCC can hopefully find a solution to help prevent the service reduction.
She added: “ Hopefully with what was said and Coun Fillis admitted there aren’t any other transport options.
“Something can be done to prevent the cuts, but now it is a waiting game to see what happens.”
The decision on the bus cuts will be made at the next full county council meeting on February 20.
County Coun John Fillis said: “The meeting was very productive and I took note of everything that was said.
“I’ll ensure all the comments are relayed back to the people at the council.”
Coun Fillis had previously explained that County Hall was facing finding ways to “drastcially” save on spending because of government cuts to the budget, but pledged that protecting the most vulnerable residents was a priority.