Man rescued from a pan fire

Chorley and Leyland breaking news for web
Chorley and Leyland breaking news for web

A MAN has to be rescued from a fire at a property in Buckshaw Village.

The incident took place on September 30 at 5.38am and a fire crew from Chorley were called to pan fire in a kitchen.

Four men with breathing apparatus and one hose reel were used and there was smoke damage in two rooms in the ground floor flat.

Watch manager Keith Armstrong from Chorley Fire Station said: “Our night crew went out to the scene and two members wearing breathing apparatus were able to bring the man out from the property.

“He was not taken to hospital and was treated on the scene for smoke inhalation.

“We think he had been just using the pan and was overcome by the smoke.”

Do you know more about this incident then contact us on guardian.newsdesk@lep.co.uk