A 55-year-old cancer survivor has been seriously assaulted after being approached by a group of teenagers in Chorley.
Police said at some time between 8.15pm and 10pm on Thursday, April 21, a 55-year-old man was approached by a group of three or four teenagers on Polo Park at the top of the Mill Lane junction with Chorley Old Road.
One of them became involved in argument with the man and punched him to the face, causing the victim to fall to the floor.
A boy described as white, around 14-years-old with short, curly blonde hair has then sat on the man’s chest and continued to punch him to the face.
The victim pushed the boy of and managed to run away from the scene.
PC Lydia Hackett from Chorley Police said: “This was a serious attack which left a man with injuries to his face and bruising to his arms and hands from where he tried to protect himself from the blows that were being delivered.
“In particular, the victim was left with a large laceration around his right eye where his skin was torn open in the area where he had previously had a skin graft after suffering with cancer.
“To think that it could be a teenager who inflicted this level of violence and injury is shocking.
“I am asking people to cast their mind back and if they remember seeing anything, or they have any information that could assist us with our investigation to get in contact with us.”
Anyone with information that could help the police is asked to call police on 101 quoting incident reference 271 of April 22.
Alternatively Crimestoppers can be contacted on 0800 555111 or can be reached online at crimestoppers-uk.org.