Smoking in bed suspected in Chorley fire drama

Latest news from lep.co.uk
Latest news from lep.co.uk

A man and a woman were given a precautionary check by paramedics after a fire at their Chorley home.

Firefighters were called to Balmoral Road shortly after 11pm last night after a quantity of bedding was set alight.

Smoking is suspected to have been the cause.

A man and a woman were helped from the building and given a check-up at the scene.

A fire crew using breathing apparatus used a hosereel on the bedding.

In a separate incident, firefighters forced their way into a building in Balmoral Road, Chorley, after a cooker fire early today.

They found the occupant asleep in the premises and food burning in the oven. He was treated for minor smoke inhalation at the scene.