Tumble dryer fire sparks emergency call-out

Firefighters were called to a tumble dryer fire after clothing began to ignite in the drum, say fire services.

Firefighters were called to a tumble dryer fire after clothing began to ignite in the drum, say fire services.

0
Have your say

Firefighters were called to a tumble dryer fire after clothing began to ignite in the drum, say fire services.

Crews from Penwortham and Bamber Bridge attended the incident on Bell Field Close at around 12.20pm on May 17.

Smoke was cleared using a ventilation unit.

A spokesman for the fire service said: "We were called to reports of a tumble dryer fire. There was a lot of smoke and the clothing started to ignite just as we arrived. A woman who was in the house had already made her way outside.

"It's lucky she was in as this could have been a much more serious incident.

"We think it started as a result of the lint filter not being cleaned."

Nobody was injured during the incident.

Anybody who would like free fire safety advice can call 0800 1691125.