Third England Euros match shown in Preston Fan Zone will now be seated
The third England soccer match to be shown in Preston's Fan Zone will be an all-seated event, organisers have confirmed.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced a delay of up to four weeks for the removal of all coronavirus restrictions at a press conference last night (Monday June 14).
Fan Zone organisers Preston City Centre Business Improvement District had hoped that the match on June 22 - after the supposed end of the current restrictions - would come after social distancing rules had been removed.
But last night the restrictions were extended until July 19 because of a rise in the number of cases of the Indian variant of Covid-19.
Preston BID said on social media last night: "Given the announcement tonight, the event on June 22nd will now be a seated event.
"All ticket holders will be contacted tomorrow, please keep an eye on your emails."
England's matches in the delayed Euros 2020 are all being shown on a big screen on the Flag Market.
Tickets for the second match on Friday are already sold out, but some reman for the third match.
BID manager Mark Whittle said today: "All ticket holders will receive an email today, and their tickets will be refunded.
"They're invited to visit the ticket site to purchase their tables of six.
"These will only be available to people who had originally booked to attend this event, using a code, until tomorrow (Wednesday) morning, following which if any remain, they'll go on general sale."
He added: "These decisions are outside of our control, but we appreciate patrons' patience and understanding."