‘Burning smell’ at travel agents

Share this article

Firefighters were called out to a travel agents in Chorley after staff reported a burning smell.

Two fire engines from Chorley attended Althams Travel near Market Street at around 12.40pm on Friday.

The initial call indicated that staff could smell burning.

On arrival, the 10 firefighters found there were fumes coming from a faulty light fitting in one of the offices, but no flames.

They were at the scene for 20 minutes to secure the area, and switched off the faulty light fitting.