Crews called to Chorley chimney fire

Fire crews were called to the incident
Fire crews were called to the incident
Share this article

Firefighters dealt with a chimney fire at a house on Pilling Lane, Chorley on Thursday afternoon.

Two crews from the town’s fire station were called to the incident and pitched ladders for access and used water spray and chimney rods to extinguish the blaze.

A brigade spokesman said a thermal imaging camera was used to ensure that no unseen hot-spots remained inside the flue.

There were no casualties.