See inside the crumbling Lancashire mansion finally being renovated after 40 years
Work is well under way to restore one of Lancashire’s historic halls after a multi-million pound investment to return it to its former glory.
Bank Hall, a Grade II listed private estate in Bretherton, has been vacant and was rotting steadily since 1971, and the Post was invited on a behind-the-scenes tour of the work.
The historic Bank Hall is now being converted in to flats
In 1832-33 under the ownership of George Anthony Legh-Keck the house was extensively remodelled by the Kendal based architect, George Webster in an early example of 19th century Jacobean style.
Master stonemasons are restoring many of the decorative features
The mansion has been left empty since 1971