Fire crews attend chimney fire in Chorley
Firefighters from Chorley were called to a chimney fire in Brinscall at around 7pm last night, 2 January 2017,Â at a property in Salisbury Road.
It is thought that a chimney that had been in use radiated heat through the chimney breast to an adjacent derelict chimney that then caught fire, say fire services.
The fire was extinguished using a hose reel from the roof of the property.
Watch Manager Joe Joseph said: "This was a very unusual fire and in this instance the residents were very unlucky. They had done everything they were supposed to have done by having their chimney swept and maintained regularly."