Person treated for smoke inhalation after fire at Chorley house

One person was treated by paramedics for smoke inhalation following a fire at a house in Chorley

Saturday, 9th October 2021, 2:36 pm
Updated Saturday, 9th October 2021, 2:38 pm

Three fire crews from Bamber Bridge, Chorley and the Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service station at Horwich were called to the incident in Fielden Street shorly after 10pm on Friday, October 8.

On arrival, the firefighters found the kitchen of the property well alight. They used two breathing apparatus and a hose reel to extinguish the fire, which had also spread to the dining room . The crews were at the scene for around five hours.

It is thanks to our loyal readers that we can continue to provide the trusted news, analysis and insight that matters to you. For unlimited access to our unrivalled local reporting, you can take out a subscription here and help support the work of our dedicated team of reporters.

The fire spread from the kitchen to the dining room

Support us and become a subscriber today. Enjoy unlimited access to local news, the latest football stories and new puzzles every day. With a digital subscription, you can see fewer ads, enjoy faster load times, and get access to exclusive newsletters and content. Click here to subscribe