Greg finds it three-sy in cup victory

Coppull United v Furness Cavaliers in the LFA Amateur Shield Nathan Fairhurst
Coppull United v Furness Cavaliers in the LFA Amateur Shield Nathan Fairhurst

Coppull United are still on the hunt for silverware after thrashing Furness Cavaliers 5-1 in the Lancashire FA Amateur shield.

United made light work of their opponents and dominated throughout the 90 minutes passing the ball with confidence and creating a number of chances.

The home side took the lead through the prolific Greg Brickell.

Brickell latched onto an excellent ball from Karl Burke and the ex Bamber Bridge man made no mistake in firing the ball past the goalkeeper.

Despite creating a number of chances Coppull went into the break with just a one goal advantage.

But 15 minutes into the second half and Coppull were three goals to the good.

Again Brickell showed his quality calmly slotting home and then an excellent strike from another ex Brig man Mark Edmeads all but sealed the victory.

Furness however did hit back after converting a corner but the goal was no more than a consolation as Jordan Wilson finished well in a move that contained 15 passes.

It was only right that man of the match Brickell rounded off the scoring and the in form striker smashed the ball home to seal his hat-trick and an away trip to Thornton Cleveleys in the last eight of the cup.

In a result that shocked all Charnock Richard slumped out of the LFA Amateur cup losing 3-0 against Walshaw Sports.

Charnock struggled early on and it was only due to excellent defending that Walshaw didn’t take the lead.

Charnock struggled on a pitch that offered nothing for the passing game but they still had a number of chances to take the lead.

Tom Morgan hit the post from a free kick and Carl Grimshaw saw a header saved .

Walshaw almost took the lead early in the second half but a header clipped the outside of the post but on the 52nd minute the home side took the lead.

Gavin Bates saved well down to his left but the ball was hit straight back into the area for Luke Chapman to slam his shot home.

Andy Westwell made changes for Charnock but Jon Stevenson all but sealed the win as he rose above everyone to fire a header home past Bates.

Mark Woods then gave away a penalty in the dying moments and Treanor made no mistake and fired home to seal a shock 3-0 win.

Euxton Villa were the only side in West Lancashire Premier Division action and suffered a 2-1 home defeat against Slyne with Hest.

Euxton struggled to retain possession and gifted the away side the first goal.

James Davies found himself unmarked in the area and slammed his header home leaving Adam Caunce no chance.

Slyne soon made it two as a mix up in the area saw Caunce leave his goal unattended giving Luke Ogley the simplest of tap-ins.

Euxton hit back through Jordan Horner and had further chances through new signing Marc Longworth and Byron Andrew but Slyne held on to seal a valuable win.