Egg rolling in Preston 2017 - everything you need to know
Families looking for entertainment in Preston this Easter will no doubt be heading to Avenham and Miller Parks' famous Egg Rolling event.
This longstanding event has been delighting families in the area since the 1860s.
And this year's event looks set to be a bumper-packed day with lots of fun for everyone.
Here's our guide to what's on and where at this year's egg rolling event which is taking place on Monday, 17 April 2017
* Egg rolling every hour - Don’t forget to bring your egg to roll down the hill
* Easter Bonnet Workshop and Competition - Workshops: 11.30am | 12.30pm | 1.30pm | 2.30pm | 3.30pm - Competition: Registration 2.00pm and competition 2.15pm
Don't miss the free creative workshop to make your very own Easter Bonnet plus an opportunity to take part in the bonnet competition to win the accolade of 'Best Bonnet in Show'. Workshops are popular so make sure you get there early.
* The Big Eggsperiment by Mad Science - 11am - 4pm - Mad Science are egg-static to be hosting The Big Eggsperiment this year at Avenham Park.
Step into their Mad Lab and be guided through the fun by energetic Mad Scientists. Dress up an egg as a crazy scientist and give him a Mad Science Name (like "Electric Eggbert"). Make your egg a shield to protect him from the forces that he is about to encounter. Which materials will you choose? Launch your eggs at our big target!
* 8 Songs by Gandini Juggling - 12.15pm - 12.45pm | 2.30pm - 3pm - A series of choreographed juggling vignettes, set to a 8 classic rock and roll songs.
* Ear Trumpets by Gobbledegook Theatre - 11am - 1pm (last entry 12.45pm) | 2pm - 4pm (last entry 3.45pm) - A playful, musical installation about listening, aimed at children and families. Audiences will use a series of elaborate ear trumpets created from gramophone horns, converted euphoniums and brass instruments that make the barely-audible sound loud and clear – as if by magic.
* Kit and Caboodle by Thingumajig Theatre - 11am - 11.40am | 12.30pm - 1.10pm | 1.50pm - 2.30pm - With miniature puppet shows inside a big, rolling mule puppet, the timeless theme of migration is packaged up in Thingumajig’s latest street act, Kit and Caboodle. A pack mule is joined by two well-travelled companions. Bags and cases open to reveal stories and songs of remarkable journeys from the staggering sojourn of a butterfly to people past and present who set out in search of a better life.
* Seed by Pif-Paf - 11.30am - 12.15pm | 1pm - 1.45pm | 2.30pm - 3.15pm - A wild Rock and Roll journey about nature fighting back.
Vegetable Nannies by Plungebloom - 12noon - 12.45pm | 1.30pm - 2.15pm | 3pm - 3.45pm - The Vegetable Nannies are two everyday gardeners who’ve taken their young vegetables out of the ground for a day trip. So, if you see an old pram brimming with some beautiful bouncing baby vegetables, do say Hello
All these events can be found at Avenham and Miller Park, PR1 8JP. The nearest car park is Avenham multi story PR1 3XA. Please note, from 1 April 2017 this car park changes to Pay and Display. The parks are approximately a 10 minute walk from both the train station and the bus station.