With 35 shows and more than 160 nights of entertainment in the new season at the Grand Theatre, there’s sure to be something for everyone.
Here we select a few of the extra special highlights for the spring.
· 20 th Century Boy, March 13 to 17, tells the story of Marc Bolan and his band T Rex, marking the 40th anniversary of his death.
· Son of a Preacher Man, March 20 to 24, features the greatest hits of Dusty Springfield and is directed by Strictly Come Dancing’s Craig Revel Horwood.
· Legally Blonde, April 9 to 14.
· Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, March 27 to 31, starring Quadrophenia and EastEnders’ actor Phil Daniels in the gothic classic thriller.
· The Jungle Book, May 8 to 12, has been newly adapted for the stage, and is brought to life by the team behind Michael Morpurgo’s Running Wild.
· The Kite Runner, May 22 to 25, based on Khaled Hosseini’s international bestselling novel.
· Shakespeare’s Macbeth, April 17 and 18, is a new piece from the award-winning Mark Bruce Company.
· My First Ballet: Swan Lake, May 5 and 6, offers a narrator to help young audience follow the shortened version of this classic from English National Ballet
· Dinosaur World Live, April 20 to 22, explore unchartered territories and meet astonishing pre-historic creatures.
· Rat Pack: Live From Las Vegas, April 26 to 28, takes you back in time to the golden days of Frank, Sammy and Dean.
· Islands In The Stream, May 2, celebrates Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers.